DEFINE THE RESEARCH QUESTIONS FOR THE IDENTIFIED PROBLEM OR OPPORTUNITY?What will I take as given in the environment i.e. what is the starting point?Which are the independent and which are the dependent variables?
Business Research Report Proposal: Initial Research ProposalDue Friday Week 06
1000 words worth 10%
The initial research proposal will consist of the following SIX (6) items:
1. Identify a business research topic2. Define the research questions for the identified problem or opportunity3. Select the appropriate research methodologies and techniques to use for the research project4. Describe the research process5. Describe data collection and analysis methods6. Describe expected research outcomes
Material on Research Methods will be presented in class from week 4 to 6.
Initial Research Proposal due at the end of Week 6
Here are some questions to help you develop your business research proposal:
What exactly do I want to find out?What is a researchable problem?
THEORY, ASSUMPTIONS, BACKGROUND LITERATURE:
What does the relevant literature in the field indicate about this problem?VARIABLES AND HYPOTHESES:
What will I take as given in the environment i.e. what is the starting point?Which are the independent and which are the dependent variables?
OPERATIONAL DEFINITIONS AND MEASUREMENT
Does the problem need scoping/simplifying to make it achievable?What and how will the variables be measured?What degree of error in the findings is tolerable?
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
What is my overall strategy for doing this research?Will this design permit me to answer the research question?What constraints will the approach place on the work?
How will I get the data I need to test my hypothesis?What tools or devices will I use to make or record observations?How will I choose the sample?What degree of accuracy or level of confidence can I guarantee?
What combinations of analytical and statistical process will be applied to the data?Which of these will allow me to accept or reject my hypotheses?
CONCLUSIONS, INTERPRETATIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS
Was my initial hypothesis supported or rejected? Why?What are the implications of my findings for the theory base, for the background assumptions, or relevant literature?What recommendations result from the work?What suggestions can I make for further research on this topic?
Identify business research topic andDefine the research questions for the identified problem or opportunity.Excellent8-10 Good6-7 Average5 Not adequate3-4 Poor0-2Clearly justified topicWell defined questionsImportance and value of research topic and problemWell referenced literature to research topicComments:/40%
Select the appropriate research methodologies and techniques to use for the research projectDescribe the research processExcellent8-10 Good6-7 Average5 Not adequate3-4 Poor0-2Selection of suitable research methodSteps of research process describedReferences used to justify choicesComments:/30%
Describe data collection and analysis methodsDescribe expected research outcomesExcellent8-10 Good6-7 Average5 Not adequate3-4 Poor0-2Suitable data collection methodDescription of data analysis to be doneDescription of expected resultsComments:/30%Overall Comments TOTAL /100%
HOLMES INSTITUTEFACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATIONHI6007 Assessment ThreeBusiness Research Report Proposal: FINAL Research ProposalDue Friday Week 122500 words worth 20%
The FINAL research proposal will consist of the following NINE (9) items:
1. A business research topic.Strengthen and improve initial proposal.
2. A brief literature review of the research topicProduce 2 to 3 pages on background information on your research topic.
3. Research questions for the identified problem or opportunityStrengthen and improve initial proposal
4. Appropriate research methodologies and techniques to use for the research projectStrengthen and improve initial proposal
5. A project plan using a Gantt Chart and clearly defined milestones (if in a group with clearly defined individual tasks, contributions and milestones)Use Microsoft Project or other software to produce the Gantt Chart.Your milestones for HI6008 are:Week 6: Literature Review due.Week 10: Data Collection and Analysis Report due.Week 14: Final Business Research (Capstone) Thesis due.
6. Description of the research processStrengthen and improve initial proposal
7. Description of data collection and analysis methodsStrengthen and improve initial proposal
8. Description of expected research outcomesStrengthen and improve initial proposal
9. A completed Ethics Checklist.Complete and sign ethics checklist below and attach with FINAL research project proposal.All students will need to pass the final research proposal submitted in week 12 to be able to start the capstone research proposal in HI6008 the following semester.Submit hard copy of FINAL research report to Holmes by 4pm on Friday of Week 12.
ETHICS CHECKLIST FOR STUDENT RESEARCHERS
• This checklist is designed to alert you to your ethical obligations when you conduct research involving human subjects.• These questions must be answered when a research project is proposed and before a research project is implemented.• Attach the completed checklist to your final research proposal in week 12.________________________________________Student Name and ID: _______________________________________
Title of the Project: ______________________________________________________________________Please circle your answers:1) Will the human subjects be informed of the nature of their involvement in the collectionof data and of features of the research that reasonably might be expected to influencewillingness to participate? Yes No2) Will the human subjects be told that they can discontinue their participation at any time? Yes No3) Will the human subjects in your study be aware that they are the targets of research? Yes No4) If the subjects are underage, will their guardians be asked to sign the consent form? Yes No N/A5) Is the confidentiality of the human subject’s identity positively ensured? Yes No6) In cases where there is a possibility that the human subject’s identity can be deduced by Yes Nosomeone other than the researcher, is the subject’s right to withdraw his/her datarespected?7) Will the researcher fulfil all the promises made to the human subjects including providing Yes Nothe summary of the findings upon request?8) Will all necessary measures be taken to protect the physical safety of Yes Nothe human subjects from dangers such as faulty electrical equipment, poorgrounding, lack of oxygen, falls, traffic & industrial accidents, possibilityof hearing or vision loss etc.?9) Will the human subject be debriefed (told the true nature of the study) after Yes Nothe data has been collected?
10) In cases in which the human subject is dissatisfied or a complaint about the researcher or Yes Noprocedure, will the researcher explain to the human subject that he or she may expressthis complaint to the Subject Coordinator?11) Does the study involve concealment from and/or deception of the human subject? Yes No12) Will deception be used in order to obtain agreement to participate? Yes No13) Will the study involve human subjects who are legally or otherwise not in a position togive their valid consent to participate such as children, prison inmates, mental patients? Yes No14) Will information on your human subjects be obtained from third parties? Yes No15) Will any coercion be exerted upon subjects to participate? Yes No16) Will the study involve physical stress to the human subjects such as might Yes Noresult from heat, noise, electric shock, pain, sleep loss, deprivation offood and drink, drugs, alcohol?17) Will the study cause any mental discomfort to the human subjects such as fear, Yes Noanxiety, loss of self-esteem, shame, guilt, embarrassment etc.?18) Could publication of the research results possibly interfere with strict confidentiality? Yes No19) Could publication of the research results possibly harm the human subject –either directly or through identification with his/her membership group? Yes No
The post DEFINE THE RESEARCH QUESTIONS FOR THE IDENTIFIED PROBLEM OR OPPORTUNITY?What will I take as given in the environment i.e. what is the starting point? Which are the independent and which are the dependent variables? appeared first on topgradeassignments.org.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.