Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 07/03/19 at 7pm.
Discussion – Week 6
Top of Form
Role, Value, and Challenges in Vocational/Career Planning
Herman, Olivio, and Gioia (2003) assert that “Interest in career planning is at an all-time high and will become even stronger as we move into the future” (p. 108). In this Discussion you will play off this quote by explaining the role and value of vocational/career counseling and its value as well as assessing some of the challenges involved in doing it.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review Chapter 8 in the course text, focusing on career planning.
· Think about the ways in which vocational/career counseling can emerge or consciously be employed in counseling sessions with clients.
· Reflect on the value of a client engaging in vocational/career counseling.
· Consider the challenges that may arise while engaging with a client in vocational/career counseling and planning.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 your thoughts about the role of vocational/career counseling and/or planning in working with clients. Then explain at least two ways in which engaging in the process of vocational/career counseling and/or planning might be valuable to a client. Finally, describe at least two challenges that could arise while engaging in vocational/career counseling or planning, and explain how you would address these challenges.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- Chapter 8 “Designing Career Development Plans With Clients’”
- Chapter 9, “Establishing a Thriving Career Development Program”
- Article: Niles, S. G., Goodman, J., & Pope, M. (2001). The career counseling casebook: A resource for students, practitioners, and counselor educators (pp. 231–235). Broken Arrow, OK: National Career Development Association. Used by permission of The National Career Development Association.
- “Darren: The Case of the Unemployed Runaway “
- Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2007). Vocational psychology and counseling: Career development planning. Baltimore: Author.
- with Dr. Darrell Luzzo
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 21 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/resources
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post describe at least two challenges that could arise while engaging in vocational/career counseling or planning, and explain how you would address these challenges. first appeared on nursing writers.
The post describe at least two challenges that could arise while engaging in vocational/career counseling or planning, and explain how you would address these challenges. appeared first on nursing writers.