- TENAZ was an organization promoting Chicano political separatism.(T/F)
- Prior to the Spanish conquest, theatre did not exist in Mexico. (T/F)
- Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz__________________.
(a) Wrote Chicano theatre (b) Mesoamerican theatre (c) colonial period Mexican theatre
- The Teatro Campesino was founded by
(a) César Chávez (b) Jorge Huerta (c) Luis Valdez
- _________ is a Chicano play which focuses on the Pachuco sub-culture.
(a) Los Vendidos (b) Zoot Suit (c) Los Pachucos (d) Bowl of Beings
- Jorge Huerta was the founder of TENAZ. (T/F)
- The acto and the corrido are one in the same. (T/F)
- Culture Clash is comprised of Richard Montoya, Rick Salinas and
(a) Luis Valdez (b) Herbert Siguenza (c) Daniel Valdez
- Culture Clash was founded in the 1960’s. (T/F)
10. Chicano literature is limited to poetry and novels. (T/F)
11. Code-switching and__________are defining features of Chicano literature.
(a) caló (b) pochismos (c) profanity (d) both a & b
12. Chicanismo is not often reflected in works by Chicano writers. (T/F)
13. Juan Seguín and Mariano Vallejo were early writers, who wrote protest literature. (T/F)
14. Sandra Cisneros wrote Mexican Village in 1945. (T/F)
15. Quinto Sol Publications nurtured the careers of authors such as Rodolfo Anaya,
(a) Rolando Hinojosa-Smith (b) Tomás Rivera (c) Luis Valdez (d) both a & b
16. I am Joaquín is an epic poem written by Chicano activist
(a) Alurista (b) Rodolfo “Corky” Gonzáles (c) José Montoya (d) Rodlofo Anaya
17. I am Joaquín laid the groundwork for the future of Chicano literature since 1967. (T/F)
18. I am Joaquín popularized the use of the term, Mexican-American. (T/F)
- I am Joaquín is an epic poem, which relates the history of the Chicano. (T/F)
- El Plan Espiritual de Aztlan, written by “Alurista”, inspired a sense of Chicano nationalism. (T/F)
- Chicano author, Richard Rodríguez, often expresses his sense of chicanismo is his work. (T/F)
- Sandra Cisneros wrote the popular novel Bless Me Última. (T/F)
- Author Cherrie Montoya deals with issues of Chicana lesbianism in her works. (T/F)
- Tomás Rivera and Rolando Hinojosa-Smith wrote Spanish language estampas. (T/F)
- Mexican corridos often narrated stories of the Mexican-American experience in the 1800’s. (T/F)
- Richard Rodríguez often explores his strong sense of chicanismo. (T/F)
- The poet, José Montoya, utilizes much caló in his poems. (T/F)
- Gregorio Cortéz is the subject of a popular 19th century corrido from Texas. (T/F)
- Jesús Salvador Treviño is a pioneer Chicano film maker. (T/F)
- Luis Valdez, the playwright, is also a Chicano filmmaker. (T/F)
- Corky González wrote the poem, “I am Joaquín”, and directed a film based on this poem. (T/F)
- Moctesuma Esparza is a Chicano actor. (T/F)
- Real Women Have Curves is film based on a play by Josefina López. (T/F)
- Early 20th century depiction of Mexicans in American film was typically favorable. (T/F)
- Chicano films of the 1960’s and 1970’s promoted negative Mexican-American stereotypes. (T/F)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post for nancy only 1. TENAZ was an organization promoting Chicano political separatism.(T/F) 2. Prior to the Spanish conquest, theatre did not exist in Mexico. (T/F) 3. Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz__________________. (a) Wrote Chicano theatre (b) Mesoamerican appeared first on Nursing Writers Hub.
The post for nancy only 1. TENAZ was an organization promoting Chicano political separatism.(T/F) 2. Prior to the Spanish conquest, theatre did not exist in Mexico. (T/F) 3. Sor Juana Inez de la Cruz__________________. (a) Wrote Chicano theatre (b) Mesoamerican appeared first on nursing writers.