News articles and professional papers: The objective of article discussions is to develop the ability to analyze current issues in International Management, as well as, to keep abreast of the recent socio-economic developments and link them to the class material. You can conduct research using PROQUEST or EBSCO or Galileo. Research peer reviewed articles on international management.
In 2014, Mark Zuckerberg launched Internet.org, a massive endeavor to connect everyone in the world to the web. By his calculations, nearly two-thirds of the global population—4.9 billion people—are not connected. Most people, it turns out, do have Internet access available to them, even if it’s crappy. But they can’t afford to pay for it or don’t know why they’d want to. (If you’re feeding a family on $1,570 a year, as average Indian earners do, the web might not seem like a priority.) Roughly 10 to 15 percent of the unconnected live in hard-to-reach places and don’t have access at all.
This case study will help us understand:
1. The significance of a Connected World.
2. Facebook Internet.org Initiative
3. Motives behind serving the BOP segment.
Respond to the following questions:
1. Give a brief outline of Facebook’s Internet.org Initiative and share your views. How does the Internet enable economic growth?
2. Discuss the impact of Internet.org in emerging economies of the world.
3. Research The Economic Pyramid of the World. Was the Internet.org initiative about serving the bottom of the pyramid or was it more about Facebook trying to extend its reach. Analyze and raise significant criticisms of the initiative.
I. Use your three countries and go to the Website www.reuters.com (click investing, and then currencies) to find out how much of that country’s currency you would receive if exchanging $20. Find out the cost of some basic items such as the cost of a combo meal at McDonald’s, a movie ticket, and a Coca-Cola. How far does the money go there in each of your countries?
II. The U.S. State Department issues travel warnings when it decides, based on all relevant information, to recommend that Americans avoid travel to a certain country. Identify the travel warnings and compare with current country risk ratings. Warning and other travel information can be found on the Web at: http://travel.state.gov/.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post i got 3 module i need one appeared first on Top Premier Essays.