Task Individually, draft a case study which presents how a destination has developed their marketing management to be marketable as sustainable.
In this task, you should:
– Introduce the key current information that identifies the destination as a tourist attraction: location information, positioning factors, latest promotional campaigns, key targets.
– Identify where and how it is implementing sustainability policies, and most importantly, how are these policies communicated to prospective targets.
– Summarize how this destination is fulfilling the communication of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as presented by United Nation’s World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
(This is a time-controlled assignment. The destination will be presented to students once the task is uploaded to the Moodle. To prevent plagiarism and copy, a different destination might be suggested to each individual student).
Besides the formal requirements such as cover, table of contents and references, this task should present:
– At least the use of one tourist intelligence sources regarding the current information on the destination
– The identification of the destination’s main website and official social media channels to identify the destination’s digital channels and latest campaigns.
– The information on SDGs as presented in UNWTO.
– The students are allowed to include images and infographics to better present the key information, provided the wordcount of 3000 words is respected.
The most important topic the students need to focus on are the fundamentals of up-to-date theories of tourism marketing, tourism experience, and the case studies presented to that end in class. Besides, should identify the key factors influencing consumer behavior in the travel industry, with the focus on destination managemenT
• Wordcount: 3000 words
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
• Text alignment: Justified.
• The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
• Outcome 1: The ability to identify an assess a significant feature of modern tourism marketing as sustainability
• Outcome 2: The ability to apply the previous knowledge to a particular case study such a destination
• Outcome 3: The ability to apply the previous knowledge to the target or targets chosen for the analyzed destination.
• Outcome 4: The ability to contrast the case study with policy regarding SDGs.