This unit’s chapter discussed concerns about quality programming in the media. Different models for assessing culture were discussed: 1) Culture as a Skyscraper Model and 2) Culture as a Map. See the pictures below for the two models. This discussion is designed to get you thinking about the different models and their strengths and weakness.
- Before you participate in this discussion, review Class Discussions – Your Guide to Success in the Getting Started Module.
- By Thursday, please respond to the following questions in a minimum of 350 words (you may write much more!) Please number your responses. You do not have to re-write the questions. In addition to your opinion and personal experiences, include concepts that were discussed in the textbook in your responses.
- In addition to the textbook, you may be interested in this article “Trashy Reality TV Is Back. How Lindsay Lohan, Temptation Island and Netflix Made It Better Than Ever”. https://time.com/5534364/reality-tv-is-back/ (Links to an external site.)
- Come up with several television shows that serve as examples of â€œqualityâ€ programs and â€œtrashyâ€ programs. What characteristics determine their quality (plots, subject matter, themes, charactersâ€¦)?
- On the whole, are Americans seen as having good taste? Why or why not? Is there a country/culture that always seems tasteful in its cultural products?
- Which model (Culture as Skyscraper or Culture as Map) makes more sense to you and why?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post please respond to the following questions in a minimum of 500 words media 1 appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.